- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions: In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Marinate chicken with barbeque sauce and sliced red onions for at least an hour.
If you bake chicken, preheat oven to 350 and then cook for approximately 45 minutes - 1 hour.
The special is better when grilled.
Whether you grill or bake in the oven, baste chicken with BBQ sauce every 15-20 minutes thoroughly to keep moist.
Tonight's special will be served with Kraft Mac-N-Cheese, baked beans, and an IBC root beer.