Here are a few other startling statistics you should be aware of.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime
- 1 in 5 women and 1 in 7 men have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime
- 1 in 7 women and1 in 18 men have experienced stalking victimization during their lifetime in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.
- On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
- Intimate partner violence is most common among women between the ages of 18 – 24.